Chateau Bordeaux has been voted the top restaurant in Coral Bay by readers of News of St. John. Perched high over Coral Bay with an astounding view of East End and the BVIs, its dinner offerings include Mahi Mahi, escargot, lobster tail. Here’s the menu. There are no prices on this online version of the menu, so beware – it’s not cheap. The phone is 340-776-6611.
Second place goes to Miss Lucy’s, whose original owner was also a cab driver, whose island tours were the best! The restaurant is located way outta town along the south shore and is best known for its Sunday brunches with live jazz, Lucy’s is a long-time favorite. There are a handful of tables on the beach – arrive early (very!) to get one. The phone is 340-693-5244.
The rest of Coral Bay’s eateries kind of staggered to the finish
line. Bordeaux and Lucy’s were the choices of 62% of the some 750
votes. Victory, such as it is went to the oldies but goodies – new
places like Sweet Plantains and Aqua Bistro drew very little interest.
- Chateau Bordeaux 36% (261 votes)
- Miss Lucy’s 26% (194 votes)
- Skinny Legs 14% (104 votes)
- Shipwreck Landing 10% (70 votes)
- Island Blues 4% (30 votes)
- Donkey Diner 3% (19 votes)
- Sweet Plantains 4% (29 votes)
- Aqua Bistro 2% (12 votes)
- Vie’s Snack Shack 1% (10 votes)
- Café Concordia 1% (4 votes)