December is my absolute favorite month of the year here in Love City. The weather is perfect, the crowds are light (until Christmas) and the winds are starting to pick up which makes for GREAT sailing weather! Oh, and the events on St. John during the holiday time are the absolute BEST. From the Bizarre Bazaar that encapsulates the absolute unique nature of Coral Bay to the ugly sweater party at the Tap Room to The All-Island Holiday Party (St. John Prom) which is making an incredible comeback this year after a two-year hiatus…The opportunities to share in the holiday cheer in a very St. John centric way abound during this first month of our busy season. Oh, and the best part of all of it? If you need a recovery day after one of these holiday shindigs, the beach is stumbling distance away 😉
- December 2 – Mother Goat’s Circus in the Cistern Album Release Party (to benefit the School of the Arts) – St. John School of the Arts
- December 3 – 3PM-6PM – Join in the holiday cheer with gift wrapping provided by the Animal Care Center (Donation Based) Live music from Broheem With Love and the Ocama Youth Choir – Mongoose Junction (Near North Shore Deli)
- December 7 – 5:30PM-6PM – St. John Childrens Choir Holiday Concert – Julius E. Sprauve School Auditorium
- December 9 – 9AM-12:30PM – Friends VINP Turtle Boat and Snorkel Experience – Register in Advance
- December 9 – 9PM-Midnight – Karaoke – Lovango Rum Bar
- December 10 – 11AM-4PM – Coral Bay Bizarre Bazaar – Oasis Event Center (Coral Bay)- Music, local vendors and holiday cheer!
- December 10 – 8PM – St. John Brewers’ Annual Ugly Sweater Party – The Tap Room
- December 10 – 5PM-7PM – Sunset Sail with live music from Lauren and Karrin – Dulce Vita Sails (book in advance)
- December 11-January 7 – St. Croix Crucian Christmas Carnival – St. Croix
- December 14 – ZoZo’s at Caneel Bay Re-Opens for the Season (Get your reservations 30 days out from your preferred date to dine!)
- December 16 – 4:30PM-7:30PM – Holiday Kidchella Gathering to Benefit Nana Baby’s Children’s Home – Gravel Lot
- December 17 – 9PM – The St. John All-Island Holiday Party (AKA St. John Prom) – At Mongoose Junction and Hosted by Sun Dog Cafe
- December 17 – 4PM – Fundraiser Party for Leslie McKibben with music and raffles – Salty Mongoose
- December 19 – Lovango Resort + Beach Club Re-Opens for the Season
- December 21 – 5PM-7PM – Sunset Sail Concert with Lauren & Karen – Dulce Vita Sails
- December 23 – 6PM-8PM – St. John Recovery Choir Holiday Concert – Franklin Powell Sr. Park
- December 23 – Holiday Party and benefit for Beverly Goodwine – The Windmill Bar
- December 24 – Breakfast with Santa Clause! – The Sun Dog Cafe
- December 26 – 5PM-7PM – Sunset Sail with live music from Lauren and Karrin – Dulce Vita Sails (book in advance)
- December 31 – 8PM-1AM – Dr!nk St. John New Years Eve Party – Tickets Required for Entry (Open Bar included)
Every Monday & Tuesday – Friends VINP Guided Reef Bay Hike – Register in advance
Every Wednesday – Strings, Sails and Sunsets with IslandGirlMusic- Erin Hart – On Board S/V Second Chance – Register in Advance
Monday-Friday – Cinnamon Bay Campground Chats – Topics and Times Vary – Register in Advance
Every Wednesday – 10AM-Noon – Friends VINP Annaberg Cultural Program – Register in Advance
Every Thursday – 5:30PM-9PM – Open Mic Night – Miss Lucy’s
- January 21 – Animal Care Center Annual Gala – Private Villa in Chocolate Hole – Follow the ACC on Facebook for details on ticket sales!
- February 4 – Friends of Virgin Islands National Park Annual Gala – Location Forthcoming – Save the Date!
- February 4 & 5 – Sweet Love After Party Music Festival – The Windmill Bar – Full lineup and event information
- February 25 – 7:15 AM – The St. John 8 Tuff Miles Race – Begins in Cruz Bay, Ends in Coral Bay – Centerline Road will be closed for the morning so please plan accordingly!
- March 2-4 – Virgin Islands Jam Fest – The Windmill Bar – Full lineup, tickets and event information
- March 4 – 6PM – Gifft Hill School Live Auction – Gifft Hill School – Details Soon Come!
On-Going Live Music and Other Weekly Events- If you are looking for your live music fix or just ways to get creative with your time while visiting…
- Lovango Rum Bar and Distillery – Live music every night from 4:30PM-6:30PM on the patio with Karaoke once a month and special events on occasion. The monthly schedule is available on their Facebook Page
- Lovango Resort + Beach Club –
- Miss Lucy’s- Open mic night every Thursday through the season from 5:30PM-9PM (beginning November 3, 2022)
- The Windmill Bar – Live music almost daily and sometimes twice a day! Quelbe Resurrection Band every Saturday from 5PM-8PM and Bingo on Sundays starting at 4PM. See the full schedule on their website.
- Salty Mongoose- Occasional live music – Follow their FB page for scheduling announcements.
- Maeda’s Garden- Quelbe Resurrection and other musical guests with local cuisine every Friday at 7PM- $10 cover charge
- The Beach Bar- Live Music 5-7 nights a week beginning at 7PM. See full schedule.
- Cruz Bay Landing- Set schedule of local artists seven days a week from 6PM-9PM. Stay tuned for this year’s lineup!
- St. Thomas Downtown Charlotte Amalie – Local Farmer and Vendor’s Market on the Waterfront every Saturday morning.
- Strings, Sails & Sunsets- Every Wednesday evening, set sail with Beach Charters VI and IslandGirlMusic- Erin Hart aboard Second Chance for storytelling, sunsets and songs. Book in advance.
- Cinnamon Bay Campground Chats – Seven Nights a Week. See the Full Schedule here.
- Guided Reef Bay Hike with Boat Ride to Town – Mondays and Tuesdays – Register in advance
This calendar of events and activities is ongoing and will be updated regularly. If you have an event to add, please shoot me a message!