The Virgin Islands Daily News has launched its annual "Best of the Virgin Islands Readers Poll." So, a number of St. John businesses are pitching for votes on their Facebook pages. Web sites, and e-mails.
Even though you may not live on the island, read or subscribe to the St. Thomas-based newspaper, you can still participate and show your support for your favorite St. John businesses.
There are four ways to vote.
- First is on the newspaper's Facebook page for the poll. You can search through the various categories for businesses on the three islands. If you find one you like, click on its icon and then select the "Vote Now" option on the screen. Next you'll be told to cast your ballot by clicking another link. (This is NOT the most efficient process. Oh yeah, it's the islands!)
- You can also vote using Twitter. Send a tweet to #bovi2013, followed by a space and the code corresponding to business or person you want to support. You get the code by going to the Facebook page. One Twitter vote per category.
- If you're in The VI's you can vote using your smart phone and QR codes that are being printed in the newspaper or on display at the island businesses, themselves.
- Finally, you can send a text message using the business's code. In the body of the message, type "BOVI" to get your vote counted.
- Here's the link for the Best of VI Facebook page: http://bestofvi.com/nominees