Tropical Storm Isaac is almost on the doorstep of St. John, according to Val Donaghue in Cruz Bay. Writing on the CaribStorm Web site, she expects the weather-maker to build to 50 mile an hour winds and bring six inches of rain tomorrow.
“Time to check things out, put away loose objects, clear the gutters, buy the rum,” she said, with a wink.
"People in the Windward and Leeward islands should be prepared for tropical storm conditions beginning Wednesday with torrential downpours, gusty thunderstorms and building seas," said Dan Kottlowski, head of the AccuWeather.com Hurricane Center.
The National Hurricane Center projects that Isaac’s worst for in the Caribbean will pass southwest of St. John. It could become a hurricane by Friday, blowing across Cuba and then onto Florida.
- Sunset Ridge villas Webcam view of Cruz Bay
- National Hurricane Center
- Forecast maps of storm tracks
- StormCarib.com/St. JohnThis is a blog put together by Doug Benton at Crabby's Water Sports in Coral Bay. Real good, real local!
- National Weather Service forecast for Cruz Bay