For the past four months, I have received countless emails and messages asking about volunteer opportunities here on island. First off, I would like to thank all of you for wanting to help us. That truly means a lot. I’d also like to thank the St. John Community Foundation for all the work they have done on behalf of our community. Yesterday, they published the following volunteer opportunities. If you are able to help with one of the listed opportunities, please contact the business directly. Thank you everyone!
2. Gifft Hill School: 340-776-6595 or 340-776-1730
Help with clean-up projects and repairs to the upper campus.
6. American Red Cross of the Virgin Islands on St. Thomas: 340-774-0375
Upcoming public events that volunteers may be interested in while on St. John:
1. St John Rescue Town Hall Meeting: 3 p.m. Wednesday, January 10, 2018 at the Cleone H. Creque Legislative Conference Room at the St. John Legislature Annex in Cruz Bay
The public is invited to a reveal on the conceptual design of the new headquarters and operation base.
2. Get Trashed St. John public clean-up event: 10 a.m. Saturday, January 13, 2018 at the National Park Visitors Center Pavilion to clean up downtown Cruz Bay. Trash bags and gloves are provided. Please bring water and a hat. Details are at January Get Trashed!
3. Friends of Virgin Islands National Park Annual Meeting: 2 p.m. Sunday, January 21, 2018 at Trunk Bay. Shuttle service provided. Details are at Annual Meeting. Learn about accomplishments, plans, and hear talks given by the President and CEO of the National Wildlife Federation.