Some people might consider ANY hour spent on St. John one of the best ever. But we're talking Happy Hours at some of the island's most creative bars and restaurants.
Ella Anderson, publisher of the St. John Sun Times, is a connoisseur of such places and features them in her bi-monthly magazine – available free at fine businesses on the island.
In the June issue, the Sun Times staff passes along Happy Hour spots where the locals go, so you know they must be good.
- High Tide at Wharfside. Every day, its reputation for fine food is growing. Don't forget the drinks. From 3 to 7 p.m., Banks beer is $2 and the rum punch will set you back just $4.
- Everybody's favorite, the Lime Inn pours half-price for drinks from 3 to 5:30 p.m.
- Driftwood Dave's, in the Lumberyard, is one of the most colorful places. Happy Hour is all day Tuesdays and Wednesdays, with $2 beers and $4 frozen drinks.
- Don't forget Woody's Seafood Saloon: beer for a buck 3 to 6 p.m.
- Spyglass, also at Wharfside, mixes up $3 margaritas and $2 beers from 3 to 6 p.m.
- The Gecko Gazebo at Mongoose' has a 2-for-1 deal beginning at 4:30 p.m. weekdays, and it lasts 70 minutes.
6 thoughts on “Where the best Happy Hours are”
No Happy Hour in Coral Bay?
I know a lot of people love the Beach Bar but I’ve never had good service there…we take our business to High Tide for Happy Hour EVERY time…awesome prices and GREAT service…plus you can’t beat the view… 😉
You can’t beat Woody’s for that “reach out and touch someone” experience. A great place to meet and watch people. How many of you have wanted to drive by Woody’s and grab someones beer by the curb? I keep saying I’m going to do it someday…….
Does La Plancha still have their little Happy Hour?
You can grab my beer anytime Joe R! I too think Woody’s is a great spot.
In my opinion food is what makes a great happy hour here because few places have happy hour food specials. Spyglass has the best food specials with killer tacos, wings, sliders, etc. Driftwood David’s has the best burger on the island on special on happy hour. Iguana needs to be on the list because of the $1 beer and more people are there than Woody’s. Those are the places where you can find this local.