Some people might consider ANY hour spent on St. John one of the best ever. But we're talking Happy Hours at some of the island's most creative bars and restaurants.
Ella Anderson, publisher of the St. John Sun Times, is a connoisseur of such places and features them in her bi-monthly magazine – available free at fine businesses on the island.
In the June issue, the Sun Times staff passes along Happy Hour spots where the locals go, so you know they must be good.
- High Tide at Wharfside. Every day, its reputation for fine food is growing. Don't forget the drinks. From 3 to 7 p.m., Banks beer is $2 and the rum punch will set you back just $4.
- Everybody's favorite, the Lime Inn pours half-price for drinks from 3 to 5:30 p.m.
- Driftwood Dave's, in the Lumberyard, is one of the most colorful places. Happy Hour is all day Tuesdays and Wednesdays, with $2 beers and $4 frozen drinks.
- Don't forget Woody's Seafood Saloon: beer for a buck 3 to 6 p.m.
- Spyglass, also at Wharfside, mixes up $3 margaritas and $2 beers from 3 to 6 p.m.
- The Gecko Gazebo at Mongoose' has a 2-for-1 deal beginning at 4:30 p.m. weekdays, and it lasts 70 minutes.