Here are the responses to last week’s question asking what kind of business would you open on the island. Got a better idea? Submit it here.
- Suzanne: I’d love to relocate to St. John and open a fine wine shop. Not sure if it would fly or even be remotely successful, but that would be heaven for me.
- Christine: I would love to open a midwifery service/birth center for the families of St John to be able to give birth on their island.. either in their homes or the birth center.
- Gone Hungry: McDonalds!!!!
- Peter: A Tax Collection Agency, thats about the only business that would be able to survive in St. John’s due to the unrealistic Property Taxes. Oh Wait I probably could not afford the taxes charged to afford to stay open.
- Mark: Not having seen the place, or knowing what size. I’d do a sports bar serving lunch and dinner. Karaoke during the week and maybe local live music on weekends.
- William: An old-fashioned diner, open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- RickG: I’d do a provisioning service like Bobbi’s on Tortola and add cooked entrees and sides. Beer and liquor of course!