Hello everyone and happy Wednesday! A few weeks ago, we told you that Da Livio was closing and a new steakhouse was set to take its place. Well today we have all the details, and we’re eager to share them with all of you!
Construction has already begun over at Dave & Jerry’s Island Steakhouse, which will be located on the first floor of the Cruz Bay Hotel. The owners are currently working to create an outdoor bar area that will feature lively entertainment. The inside area is being transformed as well, and will be a completely different vibe than that at Da Livio once completed. The ceilings are being lowered to reduce the noise, for example, and the space will feature a community table serviced exclusively by a chef. Guests who reserve a spot at this community table will be able to meet with the chef prior to their reservation to arrange a menu complete with a custom-paired wine list. The owners are hoping to create a space where diners eat together and make new friends, which is becoming popular in the states, they said.
Dave & Jerry’s Island Steakhouse will feature 45-day dry-aged prime angus beef. In addition, there will be fresh local seafood and produce, as well as a global selection of artisan cheeses and charcuteries. It will also feature an Old World-inspired craft cocktail program and a top-notch wine list. Consulting on the project is Buddy Stone, who previously owned Knox & Ollie’s at the Westin. Buddy currently operates a specialty food service company.
Here is a preview of some of the menu items:
- The Cheese Block: Choose from a worldly selection of artisan cheeses, marmalade of the day, spicy smoked almonds, grilled baguette.
- Oysters: Fresh on the half shell
- Baked Rockefeller: Roasted in giardiniera butter
- Cast Iron Spanish Octopus: Served with herb fingerling potatoes, Iberico chorizo, roasted red pepper emulsion, lemon cracked black pepper aioli
- House dry-aged beef tartare: Served with mustard greens, pickled red onion, caper berries, grain mustard Caesar, sea salt chips, Parmigiano Reggiano
- Pan seared jumbo scallops: Served with wild mushroom duxelle, crispy parsnips, white truffle drizzle, pancetta dust
- Duck fat fried sweet potato gnocchi: Served with candied pecans, baby spinach, Aussie sheep feta, balsamic drizzle
- Fresh local Caribbean lobster bisque: Served with cool chive cream, house focaccia croutons
- Hass avocado salad: Grilled romaine hearts, baby heirloom tomatoes, house cured bacon, cilantro lime vinaigrette
- Josephine’s locally farmed greens: Served with baby beets, goat cheese, watermelon, spicy smoked almonds, charred citrus vinaigrette
- Selection of house dry aged beef cuts
- 32oz Prime Tomahawk Ribeye
- 18oz Prime Boneless Ribeye
- 22oz Prime Porterhouse
- 16oz Prime bone in NY Strip
- 10oz Prime Filet
- Nightly vegetarian option
Dave & Jerry’s Island Steakhouse plans to open in October. We will keep you updated on its progress. In the meantime, have a wonderful Wednesday everyone!