Hello everyone and happy Thursday! Here are the latest updates we are receiving from St. John:
- The Cyril E. King Airport on St. Thomas reopened to commercial flights today!! American Airlines and Delta have one flight each to and from St. Thomas. Cape Air is also expected to resume flights between St. Thomas and St. Croix on Saturday. Travelers should contact the airlines directly for flight schedules.
- According to Matt Gyuraki, internet is getting better everyday. He posted the following on his Facebook page: Out with the old… in with the new! Thanks to Bret Jefferson Christmas came early! St John getting state of the art internet backhaul! Speeds should increase and be a bit more stable. Now we just need solve this generator hick up! Off grid power soon come!
- And here is the official word on communications from the St. John Community Foundation: Although not evident (tomorrow) due to a damaged main cable, people in both Coral Bay and Cruz Bay will be getting improved communications, as they repair the damaged cable and work on setting up new IT equipment that came in today; they will focus on south side of island next week. Matt Gyuraki, Will Culver, Pono, VINGN, VIYA and others are helping make this happen.
- NY Troopers were on the ground in Coral Bay and Cruz Bay; there have been incidents that make both increased need for security and communication vital. … They received a permanent donation of 12 ham radios from C-core and are looking for help connecting the radios across island.
- Christian Day School got a new roof today and they plan to start school Monday – once again volunteers and Love4Love City supported teams in action all around town.
Again many thanks to Celia and the St. John Community Foundation for working tirelessly for the benefit of our community.