"Indulge in the Vibe" is the dream of Glenn Wasi Philbert and his Global Venture Consultants. It includes a week of music and parties on St.John and culminates with a huge festival and concert Saturday night at the Winston Wells ball field.
The featured event Saturday will be the launch of "Patriots," the newest album by Third World, international reggae legends. The Jamaicans take the stage at 11 p.m., just after an hour-long set by St. John's own world class reggae group, Inner Visions. The evening gets rolling starting at about 8p.m. with non-stop music 'til past midnight.
Tickets for the Saturday concert are $30 with a portion of the proceeds going to an initiative to revive baseball on the island.
Other events during the week include an Ole Time Fish Fry in Coral Bay on Saturday evening, a meet-and-greet for folks at the Tap Room at Mongoose Junction on Thursday, and a "cocktail soiree with live music at Rhumb Lines restaurant Friday evening.
Philbert calls the week's theme, Love City Live. "It's a high-energy outdoor event conceptualized to bring the spirit of St. John alive," he explained. The Web site is ExperienceLoveCityLive.com. Here's the schedule of events.
- Love City Live! Jackpot & Stilettos, St. John, The Parrot Club (8pm-1am)
- Ole Time Fish Fry at Cases by the Sea (Coral Bay).
- 'Beer Vibes' Happy Hour @ The Tap Room.
- Third World Meet & Greet. St John, Rhumb Lines Restaurant (6pm-8pm)
- Rockers Friday. Larry's Landing (9pm-2am). A classic DJ party with a dance hall feel. There is $5 cover for this adults-only event with all proceeds being donated to the "Reviving Baseball in St. John Initiative".
- Love City Live! Third World Concert. Winston Wells Ballpark (6pm – 1:30am)
- Hangover Champagne Brunch at Miss Lucy's Beachfront Restaurant