The St. John Sun Times has begun a new feature, "St. John on a Budget." Given that the cost of living, and vacationing, is high, these tips are worth remembering. The feature is certainly a reason to pick up a copy of the paper, too. It published every other Wednesday.
- Shrimp Night at the Lime Inn: Wednesdays, $21.95 all the peel-and-eat shrimp you want. Get there early.
- Appetizer happy hour at Paradiso: Chef Paul Trujillo’s tasty starters are half price, from 5 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Movie Night at the Tap Room: This has just started, and let’s see how long the MPAA lets it go on. The show goes on Wednesday nights at 7 p.m.
- Free golf: The island’s miniature golf course, Compass Rose, offers freebies for kids Monday nights and for groups of lady duffers Wednesday. Locals also play free before 7 p.m. on Saturday.
- Senorita Pizza: MiIller Draft and Lights, $1 all day.