According to the St. John Sun Times, these eateries will be cooling their stoves for a while.
- Cafe Roma: Closed for September
- Caneel: Closed Sept. 7 to Oct. 27
- Fish Trap: Closed for September
- La Tapa: Closed for August
- Miss Lucy's: Closed now through August (they think)
- Ocean Grill: Closed Sept. 7-Oct. 11
- Ronnie's Pizza: Closed last week of August and September
- Shipwreck Landing: Closed 6 weeks, starting September
- Sweet Plantains: Closed until further notice (reportedly, an impending baby birth)
- Waterfront Bistro: Closed Sept. 7 to mid-October
- St. John Spice also keeps tabs on restaurant vacations at here.
9 thoughts on “St. John restaurant closings”
Devastated about Sweet Plantains. That was one of our “must go’s” for our November trip, after hearing so many rave reviews.
My husband and I would be terribly disappointed if Sweet Plantains closed. We would always go there twice during our St. John week in February. I hope it’s not true.
Nobody said they won’t reopen.
NEVER BEEN TO SWEET PLANTAINS WHERE IS ITS LOCATION THANKS HERB ROBINSON
It’s in Coral Bay. Turn right as if you’re headed to salt pond. It’s a mile or so on the right. Good stuff.
I ate at Sweet Plantains two weeks ago (excellent as always). They are having a baby, and taking time off for summer. Not a word about not reopening….
Good to know it’s still good.
Well I do know for a fact that Asolare will be open for all of the off-season, six to seven days a week. I really enjoyed tasting their delicious food while photographing for the website! http://www.asolarestjohn.com/
Will Woodys be open in September?