An interesting message showed up on the St. John forum at TripAdvisor.com. Jeff M asked, "What activity, restaurant, hike, location … underwhelmed you…?"
Among the 50+ responses, a few usually very popular attractions got several thumbs down from readers.
- BostotoSTT: "Asolare. For $50 my entree should have a better side than jasmine rice."
- Cleobeach1: "Skinny Legs. It isn't any better or worse, in my opinion, than most places on the island … but … most have a better view and bathrooms that aren't vile."
- Snack65: "We thought Jost was overrated … shouldn't have wasted a day away from St. John's beaches."
- Dreamshark: "Salt Pond Bay. Lots of white sand … (but) the trail down (and back up) to the beach is a death march. Steep, airless and blazingly hot."
- Mountain2Sea: "Vie's Snack Shack. The food is bad, the chicken extremely greasy … the conch fritters are all fritter, no conch."
Now, you may or may not agree with some of these complaints. Neither did 54b, and he/she contributed some perspective.
- "What I think is interesting is that the very same places – Skinny's, Salt Pond, Jost, Vie's, etc. are also most often mentioned on the Must Do lists as well."