Happy Thursday everyone!
Thank you for all of the comments yesterday regarding the topics you’d like to know about here on St. John. I was able to read almost all of them, and I plan to start tackling that list this morning.
A few questions I can answer now:
- A good portion of the road to Maho Bay was washed out. You can drive North Shore Road to the west end of the beach. At that point, the road is blocked due to debris. My guess is that the clearing stopped there due to the washed out road, but that is simply a guess.
- I saw a baby spotted eagle ray swimming along the shore yesterday at Maho. We also saw at least four turtles pop their heads up. All great news! There was a decent amount of debris floating in the water.
- The beach at Maho is much wider as the majority, if not all, of the sea grape trees that lined the beach are either gone or fallen due to the storms.
- The roadway at the east end of the beach, near the larger parking lot, is now a good 18 inches or so from the sand.
- We do not have the status of Caneel Bay at this time.
- The Westin has cancelled reservations through June 2018.
- A few restaurants are hoping to open in the near future. We will not report the names until they are ready.
- There still in no mail delivery.
- There is obviously still no power.
- We’re heading out to Coral Bay today. We will have answers on your Coral Bay questions soon.
- Most importantly, people are working hard. We want you all to come back as soon as possible, but the island needs to be ready. Today, it’s not ready. But it will be. Soon come.
For those of you who are not on Facebook, here is a pic we shared yesterday of Trunk Bay. Again, thank you all for loving this island.