1. It would be lovely if it stopped raining. Every time it rains, people get flooded all over again.
2. I drove out to the East End today. I’ll share the GoPro video with you as soon as I get a strong enough signal to upload it. The road at Haulover and Hansen is washed out. Lots of sand and rock on the road, but it’s passable. Miss Vi’s Snack Shack is still standing. That was a nice sight.
3. I saw lots of donkeys, peacocks and pigs today. Another nice sight.
4. I chatted with someone from WAPA last night. He wholeheartedly believes that power will be restored in Cruz Bay within the next two weeks. Fingers crossed!! Gallows Point will be the first to get power, followed by Grande Bay and then on to Cruz Bay. Obviously everything in between will get power too, but that’s the path it will take.
5. There were lots of crews clearing debris off of Centerline Road today. Yet another great sight. I know I’ve said it a bunch of times, and I will say it again – people are working so hard here.
6. The landslides on Centerline, closer to Coral Bay than Cruz Bay, continue to be problematic. The road is passable, but you can see that rock and mud continues to slide down during the rains, and as I mentioned earlier in the post, it’s raining more than we wish it would.
7. Cell service gets better everyday. It’s not perfect, but it’s a move in the right direction.
8. The island is still 100 percent without power. Today is the 35th day that St. John has been without power.
That’s it for now folks. Have a great day!