The small island has produced a variety of books. From the familiar guide to beaches and hiking trails to Caribbean recipes, locals like Gerald Singer, Pam Gaffin, and Gretchen Labrenz have just the right thing for someone on your list this year. If it's a smile or two, try Mike Mullen's story about building what became Villa Tesori. And there's Chuck Ball's adventure about a treasure hunt and greedy developers want the loot and the island for themselves.
- Michael Thomas Mullen: Keep Left: The Open Air Asylum Called St. John $52.95, hardcover
- Gerald Singer: St. John Beach Guide $24.95, hardcover
- Gerald Singer: St. John Off The Beaten Track $19.95, hardcover
- Gretchen Labrenz: St. John Style $19.95, hardcover
- Historical Society: Life In Five Quarters (Kindle) $9.99
- Pam Gaffin: St. John Feet, Fins and Four Wheel Drive $15.00, hardcover; $9.99 Kindle
- Chuck Ball: Mingo's Cave $3.99, Kindle
Amazon.com's two-day delivery service can get any of these books to you in time for Christmas.