If you have the fortune to be on island this Saturday, there is a very special event we’d like for you to attend. It’s called Light Up the Night and it’s an event near and dear to many of our hearts here on St. John.
Light Up the Night is an event sponsored by the St. John Cancer Fund. What makes this organization extraordinary is that 100 percent of the funds it raises stay right here on island and are used to help and support our residents who have cancer.
The event kicks off at 3:30 p.m. at Mongoose Junction where many of St. John’s schoolchildren will lead a parade through Cruz Bay and to the Winston Wells Ball Field alongside a crop of local musicians and bands. Once they arrive, those in attendance will begin walking around the field. The walk will continue overnight until 8 a.m. in the morning. You can stop by and walk for five minutes, an hour or even all night … the choice is up to you.
At 8 p.m., the luminary ceremony will begin. This is a moment that we can all remember and support our friends and family who have or are currently battling cancer. At 8:30 p.m., a survivors walk will begin. Music and food will be offered throughout this 18-hour event.
If you’d like to purchase a luminary for the event, you can do so today at Skinny Legs in Coral Bay between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m., tomorrow at the first floor of the Marketplace from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and anytime at Connections in Cruz Bay. If you would like to add your picture or a picture of a loved one to the Luminary Wall, you can email it to [email protected].
In addiiton, there is a great raffle being held in connection with Light Up the Night. “Golden Tickets” cost $150 and only 250 will be sold. You can have a chance to win:
- 5 nights at Caneel Bay Resort w/ 2 $500 Travel vouchers, dinner for two at ZOZO’S Ristorante and a sunset sail Survivin
- 6 nights @Gallows Point Resort w/dinner for two at Ocean 362 restaurant.
- 7 night stay at Grande Bay Resort for 6 w/ 3 bedrooms
- 7 night stay at Blue Heaven Rendezvous villa for 6 w/ 3 bedrooms.
- 7 night stay @Grande Bay Resort for 2 w/ 1 bedroom
- 5 night stay Magic View Villa, St. John, USVI for 4 w/2 bedroom
- 7 night stay @Grande Bay Studio for 2
- 7 night Stay @ Eden Lounge studio for 2
- 5 night stay at Grande Bay for two studio
- 2 night @Neptune’s Treasure on Anegada, BVI with round trip transportation with Hank Slodden
- Ted’s Supper Club 5 course dinner with wine for 4
- Boat Trip with Curtis Penn – US Virgin Islands or British Virgin Islands trip
- One $500. Gift card from Verace St. John
Contact Cynthia Smith at 340-513-0514 to purchase a Golden Ticket.