Everyone likes a good auction, right? Well one of the island’s top auctions is happening now and it benefits an amazing cause – the children living in this little slice of heaven of ours.
Gifft Hill School is the St. John’s only preschool through high school program. Its mission is to educate, empower and support children in preparation for college, careers, and their roles as stewards of our island and global community. One of the best parts about Gifft Hill School, in my opinion, is that it provides scholarships for the majority of its students. I spent some time over at the school a few weeks ago and the work being done there is truly mind boggling. (We will have more on that later this month.)
Now on to the auction items…
The top auction item is a 2015 Mazda CX-5 Sport. The opening bid for this is $29,000. There are also several travel packages both in and around St. John and also around the world. Here is a sampling of items up for bid:
- A week at Grande Bay with provisions
- A day trip to Virgin Gorda
- Two nights at Magic Castle Villa in Tortola
- Three nights at Gallows Point
- Wine tour and tasting in California
- Two nights at Treasure Isle in Tortola
- Three nights at Sugar Bird Nest on St. John
- Five nights at Concordia
- A stay at Hummingbird Villa on St. John
- Five nights at Cactus Flower Cottage in Fish Bay
- Seven nights at Century Hill Estates on St. John
- Three nights at Estate Lindholm on St. John
- Three nights at the Sheraton Tribeca in New York City
- A week stay at Three Palms Villa on St. John
- Seven Nights at Seas the Day on St. John
There are also travel packages to Aspen, Mississippi, St. Martin, Puerto Rico, New York City, Africa and more.
The auction ends at 3 p.m. AST on Saturday, March 7.