The Friends of Virgin Islands National Park’s fifth annual auction kicks off this Saturday with almost 50 items up for bid. Last year’s auction raised nearly $43,000. Hopefully this year’s will surpass that number.
As always, the auction features items of varying values. The least expensive item this year is a sterling silver pendant with earrings valued at $75 but with an opening bid of only $25, while the most expensive item is a seven-night stay for eight people at On a Clear Day, a premium villa overlooking Francis Bay. That item is valued at $12,250 but has an opening bid of $4,000.
The auction begins Saturday, November 16 at 9 a.m. EST. It ends on Sunday, December 8 at 9 p.m. EST.
Here is a list of auction items as of 11/12/13:
- Sterling silver pendant with earrings featuring the beautiful beach at Trunk Bay. I am a “Captured Moment” by Paradise Pendants.
- $100 gift certificate to Banana Deck
- $100 gift certificate to Island Cork
- $100 gift certificate to Fabric Mill
- Lovely detailed sterling silver turtle necklace with a hand-selected Larimar Stone inlaid on its back. Larimar is the gem stone of the Caribbean and this pendant is custom made for Caravan Gallery by Bali Craftman.
- Two Sea Turtle Encounter swims at Coral World
- Aluminum pull tab purse: This unique purse is approximately 9″ x 11″. It was hand crocheted by Escama Studio, a fair trade artist cooperative located in Brazil. All Escama Products are handmade with 100% post-consumer recycled aluminum pull tabs.
- Sunset sail for two on Island Spirit: Welcome aboard “Island Spirit”, a 60-foot U.S. Coast Guard inspected catamaran. Experience a Caribbean sunset and celebrate one of nature’s wonders of color under full sail.
- Two hour hypnosis session to relieve stress or be taught self-hypnosis.
- Pearl and leather necklace: 15″ leather necklace with two strands of six and seven pearls craftfully positioned throughout.
- Recycled license plate purse: US Virgin Islands “LADY 50” License Plate purse. Little Earth Certificate of Authenticity. Green Accessories that put fun in the world.
- Two Sea Lion Encounter Swims at Coral World
- Chiropractor Evaluation and Adjustments: “Dr. Bob” DeBonis is well known on St. John for healing and support of healthy backs at his office in Coral Bay. This package includes initial exam, analysis, case history and adjustment, plus one follow up adjustment. Valid for one year.
- Guided Paddleboard Adventure for Two: Paddleboards are a great way to explore this unique tropical world where land and sea meet. Glide out on an early morning or late afternoon paddle to pristine bays, beaches and cays. Use the sea as a looking glass 20 feet down.
- Full day for two aboard Calypso in US waters or to Jost van Dyke, BVI
- 25 Zumba Classes: Cardio-based group exercise classes given by Michelle Pappas.
- Champagne Sunday Brunch for six at Garden by the Sea
- $250 gift certificate to Asolare
- “Seaview” is an orignal linocut by local artist Janet Rutnik. Edition of 15 – image size is 7.5 x 12″, with paper backing, approx. 10×16″
- Two night stay at the St. John Inn: Experience the magnificent sunset views while you enjoy our complimentary morning breakfast and nightly happy hour. Right in the heart of Cruz Bay.
- Honeymoon Beach All-Inclusive Full day Fun Pass for six people: No need to carry anything with you, because you will be provided with a complete set of snorkel gear with a life jacket, a locker and a beach chair. You will also have full use of single, double and Peekaboo kayaks, beach floats and hammocks.
- Kayak and hike Cas Cay Mangrove Lagoon on St. Thomas on this three-hour tour for 4 people. Kayak among the many small islands in the mangroves, explore tidal pools with a geologic blow hole and snorkel in a clear lagoon with knowledgeable eco-guides along the way. Located near Red Hook, 5 minutes from ferry dock.
- $300 gift certificate to Caravan Auto Services
- $300 Gift Certificate to East West Catering
- Join Cruz Bay Watersports aboard the 60-foot express cruiser “Island Time” for a comfortable tour for two of the British Virgin Islands to the most famous destination in the Caribbean. Beat the crowds and explore “The Baths” of Virgin Gorda & “Caves” of Norman Island.
- Two night Stay at Cruz Bay Boutique Hotel: The hotel is conveniently located in the heart of Cruz Bay town’s best restaurants, bars and shopping. This lively location is the perfect spot for accessing all of St. John’s beaches and attractions.
- Lifestyle Beach Portrait Session with Savannah Loftus: 90-minute session (sunrise or sunset), 30 professionally edited digital photographs. Online gallery to download digital, share and print.
- “Ophelia” is a unique Geo-Kinetic sculpture created by local artist Larry Lipsky. This tropical fish piece is made from copper and spun recycled glass for the eye. Dynamic movement that catches the eye and creates wonderful shadows.
- Hand-crafted Sterling Silver Blue Topaz and fresh water pearl link bracelet.
- Join Captain Arthur Jones aboard his 18-foot Edgewater for a half day or full day of fly fishing and/or light-tackle, inshore fishing. Arthur has over 15 years of fly fishing experience in St. John and in the Virgin Islands.
- Join us aboard our 60-foot cataraman “Island Spirit” for a full day trip to Jost Van Dyke for four people! Check in at the Westin dock at 7:45 a.m. for a fun-filled and relaxing trip to the most popular destination in the British Virgin Islands.
- Historic Hassel Island – Kayak, Hike and Snorkel, VI National Park, (3 hours, 8 people): This tour leaves from Virgin Islands Ecotours’ Frenchtown Marina location in St Thomas’ busy scenic Charlotte Amalie’s Harbor.
- Sterling Silver pendant with adjustable necklace featuring the Trunk Bay overlook view. All pieces are hand made in the USA, from original sketch drawings to final quality control. Made of tarnish-resistant fine silver (999) and argentium silver.
- Sadie Sea Snorkel Cruise for up to 30 People: Come join us on one of St. John’s most recognizable boats for an experience that is second to none. Allow Captain Tom & First Mate Loretta to guide you around the waters surrounding St. John and come see why it is called the “Jewel of the Caribbean.”
- Five night stay for up to five people in an Eco-Tent at Concordia Eco-Resort, St. John, USVI
- Five night stay for two in an Eco-Studio at Concordia Eco-Resort, St. John, USVI
- Livy Hitchcock is known for her intimate portraits and dramatic landscape paintings in both pastels and oils. Her fresh use of color captures the scenes of St. John in a memorable way. If you have a favorite photo that you would like replicated as a portrait, Livy will make it come to life for you.
- Private Full-Day Sail for six with Snorkel, Lunch, Open Bar on Spitfire: True to the meaning of her name, Spitfire is a high-spirited lady and fast yacht. She has appeared on the cover and inside of the December 2007 issue of Travel & Leisure magazine, as well in photo-shoots for macys.com (bathing suits) and a Target 2008 catalog.
- Two nights, two breakfasts & use of our water sports at Buccaneer Hotel on St. Croix.
- Seven Night Stay at VIERS, Near Tranquil Lameshur Bay on St. John: Stay in one of only 11 cabins at the Virgin Islands Environmental Resource Station (VIERS) in Lameshur Bay.
- “Windswept Beach” was painted on the beautiful north shore of St. John within Virgin Islands National Park by well-known local artist, Kimberly Boulon. The picture overlooks Trunk Bay Cay and out towards the Durlows. This original oil is 9″x12″ and framed in a classic black frame. It can be viewed at Kimberly Boulon Art Gallery in The Marketplace, 3rd floor, in Cruz Bay prior to the auction closing.
- Spend 3 nights on the white sugar-sand beaches and turquoise waters that create the sublime tropical retreat that is Westin St. John.
- Get some Tranquility back in your life while supporting the National Park with a seven-night stay at this lovely villa with pool and short walk to a secluded beach, yet only 10 minutes from Cruz Bay. One bedroom, one bath house plus convertible bed, for two or three people.
- Seven Night Stay at Bombalassy: Enjoy spectacular ocean and harbor views from this luxury villa in Great Cruz Bay. This two bedroom, 2.5 bath villa has its own pool and is close to Cruz Bay and the Westin. Villa Bombalassy is one of two “sister homes” that neighbor each other in this exclusive area of St. John.
- Beauty and class don’t begin to describe this stunning emerald and diamond pendant, earrings and chain are valued at $3,290. The emerald in the pendant is 0.18ct surrounded by .48ctw of diamonds. The earrings are 0.35ctw emerald and 0.24ctw diamonds, all set in 18k gold. Made on St. John by R&I PATTON goldsmithing at Mongoose Junction, where you can view the jewelry up until it is sold to some lucky bidder on December 8th.
- Sunset sail on Kekoa for up to 40 people: Come unwind and experience the perfect ending to your perfect day in the Caribbean and set the mood for a great evening. Feast your eyes on the sun as it sets on a horizon of mountainous islands, watch as the sky is painted with tropical colors, feel the ocean breeze and relax.
- Seven-night stay at Sirenusa, three-bedroom, luxury villa resort: Bring your family or friends for a fantastic vacation in this new luxury villa resort. Your three bedroom villa sleeps six and has resort ameneties.
- Seven-night Stay at On a Clear Day: This villa lies nestled deep within the confines of the Virgin Island National Park on the North Shore of St. John. This brand new villa (construction completed 2012) is perched 170 feet above sea level and offers the best of all worlds spanning the peacefulness and privacy of the Park’s surroundings to a “to die for” view of Francis Bay to easy beach access.
Click here to visit the auction site and to bid on one of these amazing offers. Check the auction site regularly as new items may be added prior to the auction’s start time.
7 thoughts on “Friends of VINP Auction Begins Saturday: Check Out This Year’s Items”
The page centering has long bothered me because it makes it hard to read…but the list clearly demonstrates the need to align to the left. Page centered text is great for a party invitation but for a web page it’s awful.
Hi Cheryl, what browser are you reading it in? I’m looking at it in Safari and it’s aligned to the left. I think it only looks that way in Explorer. I’ll play around with it. -Jenn
Looks fine on IE9 and Chrome (left aligned)..
Hooray! It is now left aligned when looking at it in explorer. Thank you!
Thank you again for pointing this out. I will go back and fix the old articles. It may take some time, but it will get done. -Jenn
Please add one of the largest contributors to your list that you forgot to mention – Kekoa with a private sunset sail for up to 40 people with a value of $3360.00
Thank you so much for pointing that out! I just updated it -Jenn