Hello everyone, and happy Friday! Let’s end this week on a positive note! We’re holding a raffle, there is one great prize and the money raised will support the island’s cats and dogs … does it get any better than that??!!
As you know, tourism is currently on hold here in the US Virgin Islands. But despite that, the folks at the Animal Care Center continue to love, support and house numerous cats and dogs, and they really can use some monetary support.
For just $20, you can enter to win a five-night stay for up to six people at Aquamare at Grande Bay, a luxurious two bedroom condo located directly across from the beach in Cruz Bay. And even better? Our friends over at 340 Real Estate Co. are donating $1,000 which can be used for airfare or, truthfully, however you please! Because Aquamare is located right in the heart of Cruz Bay, just steps from some of the island’s great shops and restaurants, you won’t need to rent a vehicle should you win. You can easily walk, hike or take a taxi nearly everywhere.
Here are a few of the Animal Care Center’s current needs that we’re hoping to support:
- The ACC would like to repair the front railing of its building. The cost of this project is $100 or just five raffle tickets!
- The ACC would like to create, print and distribute pet hurricane preparedness educational materials. The cost of this is $200 or 20 raffle tickets.
- The ACC would like to purchase new cat traps for its feral cat program. The cost of this is $300.
- The ACC would like to install a new, redesigned outdoor play area for the dogs to improve their quality of life including a raised platform, turf for comfort, kiddie pool, digging area and shade tarp. The cost of this project is $600.
- The ACC would like to give its building a mini makeover, including a new coat of paint, deck sealant, new plants, and building awnings for the comfort of dogs and visitors. The cost of this project is $700.
- The ACC would like to install 14 new dog houses with wheels and machine washable comfort pads. The cost of this project is $1,800
- The ACC would like to implement a free spay and neuter scholarship program for the community, including door-to-door transportation of pets. The cost of this project is $5,000.
Such a great cause. So many great projects to support.
The timeframe for use is very generous on this raffle, as we understand that many of you have no intention of traveling anytime soon. The five-night stay can be used for any available dates this year through October 31, 2020; It can also be used between June 1, 2021 and October 31, 2021.
Again, tickets are just $20. There will not be a limit on entries, because we are trying to raise as much money as possible for the Animal Care Center.
To purchase a ticket, please choose the number of tickets below. You can buy up to 10 at a time. Then click the Buy Now button. This will bring you to a secure PayPal page where you can check out. Please make certain the your correct email is used, as we plan to notify the winner by email. (All entries will be treated as donations to the Animal Care Center. Your transaction will appear on your bank/credit card statement as STJDONATION.)
All entrants should receive a confirmation email from PayPal after purchasing your ticket/s provided you are a registered PayPal user. Because of the expected high volume of entries, we cannot personally email each entrant. Your email from PayPal will serve as your confirmation of entry into the drawing.
How the drawing works: Once the entry period is over, we will pull a file of all the entrants and number of entries directly from PayPal. The raffle committee will personally write/type the names of each entrant on a raffle ticket. If you bought one ticket, we will write/type your name on one ticket. If you bought two tickets, we will write/type your name on two tickets. And so forth. All of the names will be placed into a secure bucket/basket/box. Once all of the names are written on tickets, we will draw the winner live on video. The drawing will be announced on newsofstjohn.com. A video of the drawing will also be posted on newsofstjohn.com. The raffle period will end on Sunday, May 24, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. AST (which is currently the same as EST). The winner will be announced on newsofstjohn.com on or about May 26, 2020. Now go ahead and enter! Good luck!! And thank you for helping us support the Animal Care Center!
The Fine Print:
- The winner must adhere to the individual property/business rules and restrictions.
- The five-night stay at Aquamare at Grande Bay is good for any available dates between June 1, 2020 and October 31, 2020, or between June 1, 2021 and October 31, 2021. The property has a six person maximum.
- In the event that the property/business becomes uninhabitable due to a storm, fire, or Act of God, the winner agrees to forfeit the prize.
- We strongly encourage the winner to purchase travel insurance.
- The prize is not transferrable without the business owner’s consent.
4 thoughts on “Don’t Forget to Enter our Raffle!”
I have a friend who does not want to go thru Facebook to buy tickets. another site? please advise. thank u
It’s not run through Facebook. It’s run through PayPal. She can buy the tickets on the link in this story you commented on. Thanks so much!
Jenn,just an FYI/ Facebook owns PayPal.
PayPal is a publicly traded corporation. It does marketing through Facebook but is not owned by Facebook. Founded by Peter Theil and others, acquired by Elon Musk, went IPO, acquired by eBay, acquired several other companies and then spun off. It remains public today, traded on NASDAQ (PYPL).