The Governor signed Senate-approved legislation to proceed with a bond issue totaling $87 million.
John de Jongh characterizes the spending as a stimulus program for the islands to create jobs. He said the money will fund “a myriad of critically-needed infrastructure projects throughout the territory.”
St. John’s slices of the bond issue total $6.5 million amounting to 7.5% of the pie.
- $800K to repair Kings Hill Road in Coral Bay
- $3.2 million for land acquisition (maybe for the new school?)
- $200K for Planning and Natural Resources to develop a fish market
- $250K to renovate the St. John Recreation Center
- $2 million for parking, reportedly at the Enighed Pond commercial dock
- $200K to “revitalize” Franklin Powell Park, in Cruz Bay at the ferry dock)