The 14th annual Beach to Beach Power Swim is happening this Sunday. Here are the details straight from the Friends of the VI National Park:
Imagine the Caribbean sun, azure water, white sand beaches, and vibrant coral reefs that await competitors as they swim through the pristine Virgin Islands National Park waters. Described by Swimming World Magazine as “the most beautiful open water swim in the world”, the Beach-to-Beach Power Swim has also recently been ranked in the top 20 on two reputable open water swimming websites Best 100 Open Water Swims in the World. This year’s event will be the largest ever, with 350 competitors! Hosted by Friends of Virgin Islands National Park, the event raises money for preservation, conservation and education programs in Virgin Islands National Park.
The Beach-to-Beach Power Swim contains four simultaneous events:
- Short course (solo) from Maho Beach to Cinnamon Beach (1 mile)
- Intermediate course (solo) from Maho Beach to Trunk Beach (2 ¼ miles)
- Long course (solo) from Maho Beach to Hawksnest Beach (3 ½ miles)
- Long course (three-person relay teams) from Maho Beach to Hawksnest Beach. The relay team transition points will be at Cinnamon Beach and Trunk Beach.
Please visit www.friendsvinp.org/swim for complete information on this event. There are reduced registration fees for swimmers 17 years and younger; as well as reduced registration fees for early registration (early registration ends May 5th).
Swimmers can also register:
- By phone by calling 340-779-4940
- Or in person by visiting: The Friends of the Park Stores: Mongoose Junction & National Park Service Visitor Center, Cruz Bay … Connections – Cruz Bay, St. John … Caribbean Surf Co. – Havensight and Red Hook, St. Thomas