By now you all probably know that the Animal Care Center is near and dear to our heart. The folks over there are doing great things and we like to acknowledge them publicly whenever we can. Today’s one of those days.
The ACC released its numbers for 2013 last week, and they’re pretty impressive. See for yourself:
- The ACC took in 77 dogs and 63 cats in 2013.
- The ACC successfully adopted 55 dogs and 53 cats in 2013.
- The ACC had four dogs and four cats in fosters at the end of 2013.
- The ACC spayed/neutered 43 dogs and 45 cats in house during 2013.
- The ACC reunited 22 dogs with their owners during 2013.
- The ACC caught more than 300 cats through its Feral Cat Program, in which it traps, spays/neuters, vaccinates and then releases the animal during 2013.
Kudos to all of the staff and volunteers at the ACC. Another job well done!
Reminder: The ACC’s annual gala is this Saturday, so if you haven’t purchased your tickets yet, please do so soon. The event’s theme is “Party Like a Rockstar.” Guests are encouraged to come dressed as their favorite rockstars and prizes will be awarded. DJ Adonis will be on hand to provide the music and there’s going to be a pretty impressive silent auction and raffle (because we all know how generous local businesses are when it comes to supporting our furry friends!). As always, there will also be great food and drinks.
Again, the ACC’s annual gala will be held this Saturday, January 18 from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the home of Joann and Glenn Hall in Chocolate Hole. Tickets are $100 in advance and $125 at the door. Tickets can be purchased online by clicking here or at any of the following merchants:
- Chelsea Drug
- St. John Hardware
- Connections, East and West
- And of course at the ACC shelter.
Looking to adopt? Check out all of the ACC’s available cats and dogs by clicking here.