No fewer than five new eateries have opened their doors on the island in the past four weeks.
Now, that's a lot of new businesses developing, reason enough for the St. John Sun Times to bend its rules on reviews.
Here are a few notes from the article.
- Fatty Crab, across from the ball field in Cruz Bay
"It isn't just dinner, it's an experience … It has a nightclub vibe, with people making the scene, dressed in that island fancy style that must cost a fortune … The chef, Zak, had actually hooked and pulled in the king fish, mackeral, and mahi that were being served …"
- Sam & Jack's Deli, 3rd floor of the Marketplace
"Paradigm shift in the St. John sandwich world … The menu is a New York deli dream … Gourmet take-out comes to St. John … The real star of the shjow is the homemade bread.
- Black Sand Bistro, 2nd floor of the Marketplace
"A pretty spot-on incarnation of the classic French bistro … Serioiusly good food at neighborly prices … Steamed mussls in a spicy marinara sauce, perfectly pan-roasted chicken breast on a bed of penne with carmelized onions."
- Lone Star, 2nd floor of the Marketplace
- Buddy's Hurricane Hole at Wharfside Village