News of St. John is holding a raffle to benefit the Island Health and Wellness Center here on St. John in the US Virgin Islands! The winner will receive a five night stay at Ardisia (the stay is good for up to six guests), roundtrip airfare for six people on JetBlue, a Best of the BVI boat charter with Palm Tree Charters and four beautiful St. John bracelets courtesy of Coral Bay Jewelers. The winner will also receive a pretty swanky gift basket upon their arrival which will include items from several local businesses.
Tickets are just $25. There will not be a limit on entries, as we are trying to raise as much money as possible for this worthy cause.
The raffle period ended on June 16, 2018 at 9 a.m. EST
All entrants will receive a confirmation email from PayPal after purchasing your ticket. Because of the expected high volume of entries, we cannot personally email each entrant. Your email from PayPal will serve as your confirmation of entry into the drawing.
How the drawing works: Once the entry period is over, we will pull a report from PayPal. We will then personally write the names of each entrant on a raffle ticket. If you bought one ticket, we will write your name on one ticket. If you bought two tickets, we will write your name on two tickets. And so forth… All of the names will be placed into a secure bucket/basket. Once all of the names are written on tickets, we will draw the winner live on video. That video will be posted on newsofstjohn.com
The raffle period will end on Saturday, June 16, 2018 at 9 a.m. EST. The winner will be announced on newsofstjohn.com on or about June 20, 2018.
Now on to the fine print, the small print, the possible storm print, etc…
- The five-night stay at Ardisia is good for low season dates only. These dates are now through December 15, 2018 (the week of Thanksgiving – November 17, 2018 through November, 24, 2018 is excluded) and also from April 16, 2019 through December 16, 2019 (Thanksgiving week 2019 is also excluded). This five-night stay is subject to availability. You will book directly with the villa at www.ardisiastjohn.com. This stay is good for six people. Add-on guests are not allowed. Please visit ardisiastjohn.com for complete reservation policies. This stay is valued at $7,850.
- The six round trip tickets on JetBlue can be used between October 1, 2018 and October 1, 2019 only. All travel must be booked and flown during this time period. Blackout dates may apply. We will provide booking instructions to the winner.
- The Best of the British Virgin Islands boat charter with Palm Tree Charters is good for up to six people and is subject to availability. You must book directly with the business. Gas, BVI customs and gratuity are not included. In the event of a tropical storm or hurricane, the owner of Palm Tree Charters reserves the right to cancel your boat charter. They will then work with you to rebook. If Palm Tree Charters is out of the water during your preferred travel time, Palm Tree Charters will work with you to rebook. If Palm Tree Charters is unable to fulfill this donated charter due to a loss from a tropical storm or hurricane, this portion of the raffle will be forfeited.
- You will receive the three bracelets courtesy of Coral Bay Jewelers upon your arrival on St. John. (We do not want to risk them getting lost in the mail.)
- We strongly encourage the winner to purchase trip insurance.