Another Cruz Bay Restaurant Set to Close

lucky chops

Well folks, we have sad news to share with you all today. As you may recall, last week we mentioned how Da Livio Ristorante was closing. This time, it’s Lucky Chops. Their last night is this Sunday, June 9.

Mathayom Vacharat, owner of Lucky Chops, made the announcement yesterday on his Facebook page. Here it is in its entirety:

Screen Shot 2019-06-06 at 7.47.52 AM

Lucky Chops’ Facebook page posting, June 5, 2019

Lucky Chops opened in the former Fish Trap location in early 2018. Prior to Hurricane Irma, Mathayom worked out of a space at Windy Level. He also held beautiful full moon dinner parties in that space until it was leveled during Irma.

We’re happy to hear that the full moon dinner parties will continue. We will keep you posted on those events.

9 comments for “Another Cruz Bay Restaurant Set to Close

1. Steve
    June 6, 2019 at 8:10 am

It is very sad. I am a former resident of STJ until Irma. Love and miss the island. The real disappointment is how expensive a hotel or B$B room is for the night. I have tried many times to come to the island only to find rooms at $500 per. I love the island, want to come and spend money. Be reasonable and Ill be there … Steve

• Adam
      June 6, 2019 at 9:40 am

There are rooms all over the island for far less than $500/ night.

• Ditto
      June 6, 2019 at 11:39 am

Off subject, but ya…..ditto. it’s now the location where you have to “know” ppl in high places:(

• Brenda
      June 6, 2019 at 3:44 pm

I have a condo at Sunset Ridge you can rent Sept 28 – Oct 5 for about $1500/week. But maybe you are only looking at peak season.

• jack m
        June 9, 2019 at 9:12 am

Could you send me info on your condo?
        looking to try and come in August.

Thanks

• Brenda
          June 10, 2019 at 1:14 pm

Jack M – not sure how to connect with you, but I only have the one week as mentioned above. I can see how it is a who you know type situation for good rates – I noticed mine rents for twice as much through the agency but as an owner I am allowed to rent directly at any rate.
          If this is allowed, my email is djdirecttx@yahoo.com
          If not, perhaps the editor will remove and pass along to you.

• Island Abodes
      June 13, 2019 at 8:49 am

We would love to host you Steve. None of our rooms are that expensive. And we can offer you a local discount.

2. James Rogers
    June 6, 2019 at 9:03 am

Best food we had on the island this past trip.
    Mat is a great guy.

• Lynn
      June 8, 2019 at 1:07 pm

False, mat is a horrible person who cheats almost everyone he comes into contact with.