Healing After Irma: In Our Own Words

People often ask us how Hurricane Irma affected us. I think the following video says it all. It was created by Anne Bequette and Christian Wheatley, two talented photographers here on island. Please take a few minutes and check it out…

15 comments for “Healing After Irma: In Our Own Words

1. Don Vafides
    October 1, 2018 at 6:29 pm

Thank you for this. It was the most inspirational thing I have seen in a very long time.

2. John
    October 1, 2018 at 6:52 pm

Absolutely beautiful work Anne and Christian! This touched my heart. We love Love City!

3. Ken
    October 1, 2018 at 6:53 pm

Great video-very moving

4. Nancy
    October 1, 2018 at 7:14 pm

Life is so precious. Thank you for this video reminder of what was and what will be. Positivity, determination, community, faith, hope, love of each other and God’s Earth. Blessings to all on St John!!

5. Victoria Hobson
    October 1, 2018 at 8:31 pm

Very inspirational! We are from Chicago and will be coming to St thomas/John’s on Friday. So happy to come back!! We’ve been there numerous times and can’t wait to suppost the Islands!!

6. John & Cindy
    October 2, 2018 at 10:55 am

The people of ST.John are such an inspiration and continually remind us of what really is important in life! Perseverance at its best. Coral Bay and her residents are the reason we fell in love with the island over 10 years ago and we are so elated that we will be returning for Kentucky Derby week in 2019 and look forward to reuniting with old friends. Anne and Christian beautifully done!

7. SandyP
    October 2, 2018 at 11:36 am

Tears flowing! A beautiful video and proof of the resilience, heart and strength of STJ. Thank you.

8. Barbara
    October 3, 2018 at 4:18 pm

Thank you for this video. Brought me to tears. My husband and I love St. John, have been many times and will be back next year.

9. Sue & Burt
    October 3, 2018 at 8:44 pm

Kenny Chesney got it so right!!
    And then he put his words/songs into action and recovery.
    Bravo/Brava “Love City”!!!
    St. John exemplifies the best of humanity & community!!
    Words fail …see you in March 2019!!!

10. Daphne
    October 6, 2018 at 12:59 pm

What a powerful and moving piece. Thanks Anne and Christian! I have since shared it to 3 other Facebook pages. We all have so much to be thankful for. The strength and resilience of the St. John community is truly amazing. It is Love City Strong . All of my love for Love city!

11. Karen
    October 8, 2018 at 8:13 am

This was truly beautiful and inspirational. It brought me to tears. Your piece shows the resilience of the STJ people. Thank you Anne and Christian.

12. Debbie
    October 8, 2018 at 9:07 am

Just beautiful! Thank you for sharing. I was there in August and it healed my heart to see the strength and determination of this island I love so much.

13. Linda
    October 8, 2018 at 9:16 am

This video was s wonderful idea. You all did a great job. It’s bittersweet to watch. My son is in the video. Thank you again.

14. Anita
    October 8, 2018 at 2:13 pm

WOW ! So powerful…thank you very much!

15. Miledy
    October 8, 2018 at 5:06 pm

Thanks for all you prayers. God bless you all. We still alive.Thanks god.