Pictures: One Year Later

Hello everyone and happy Friday! Thank you all for the kind messages posted yesterday. You’re all certainly keeping the love in Love City!!

Dalton and I, plus my good friend Lindsay, took a cruise around the island Thursday to take some pics for all of you. As always, none of the images have been edited in any way. It’s pretty amazing how far we’ve come in a year. I think you’re really going to enjoy them. :)

cruz bay overlook september 2018

Cruz Bay overlook sunset

Great Cruz Bay sunset

Great Cruz Bay sunset

24 comments for “Pictures: One Year Later

1. Lisa
    September 6, 2018 at 9:16 pm

Hi Jenn. Has anyone addressed the issue of zero cell phone service towers/reception from Freemans ground Calabash, Zimmerman Hard labour to Concordia? This subject amazes many residents and visitours that in this day and age including all the funding for the Hurricanes that is being granted to the VI there is no cell services and never has been! It is a major safety issue for all. Thank you.

2. Marc
    September 7, 2018 at 6:39 am

Sweet!! See you in 53 days!

3. September 7, 2018 at 7:33 am

What has happened to Concordia – the tented camp?

Many thanks!

• David
      September 7, 2018 at 10:01 am

Great images Jenn! Joy, Concordia was destroyed. I believe the boats have been removed from Leinster. 54 days, soon come!!

4. Ginger Gouty
    September 7, 2018 at 7:45 am

How is the retrieval of boats going? We wanted to snorkel Waterlemon when we were there in July but chose to go elsewhere because of the boats still in the sand over in Leinster. The island looks beautiful as always. What a difference a year makes. We will be back in December.

5. Sarah
    September 7, 2018 at 7:51 am

Thanks so much, Jenn. Everything looks great although that photo taken at Cinnamon … that situation breaks my heart. Can’t wait to come back!!

• Rebecca
      September 7, 2018 at 11:39 pm

Yep the cinnamon bay pic makes me sad too.

6. Laura V.
    September 7, 2018 at 7:56 am

Still Beautiful! 110 Days!

7. Helen D.
    September 7, 2018 at 9:52 am

20 weeks from today we will be back to this island that we have fallen in love with. A year ago we were filled with grief for the wonderful people (and donkeys!) of St John – each picture and story that I read would bring me to tears. I can not believe the difference in a year. Jenn, thank you so much for keeping all of us stateside (but wishing we were on island) updated with the great progress!

8. Jill
    September 7, 2018 at 11:16 am

Beautiful! Thank you for your updates all year long. We will be there in March…can’t wait!

9. Randy
    September 7, 2018 at 11:43 am

Looks beautiful as always. What amazing things that happened in 1 year. Looking forward to being at Villa Adeste in Coral Bay mid March. Cheers

10. Bonnie
    September 7, 2018 at 11:55 am

Good morning, Jenn. The photos are lovely. Trunk Bay and the sunsets are my favorites. Undoubtedly it has been a very long year for you and everyone on island. These photos continue to be a reminder of all the rebirth and progress that continues to be made. Thank you for sharing these with those of us back here in the States.

11. Judi Headley
    September 7, 2018 at 1:07 pm

The photos are amazing. Prayers for the continued restructuring of this beautiful slice of Gods universe!

12. Debby
    September 7, 2018 at 3:30 pm

Beautiful. Reserved my Jeep today. We were there in Feb of ’17, ’18, and God willing ’19. 150 days and counting.

13. Sandy
    September 7, 2018 at 4:35 pm

Our slice of heaven is gorgeous! We can’t wait to see the changes from our last visit in February. Life is always good with our island friends.

14. Cathy
    September 7, 2018 at 7:11 pm

Beautiful- Thank you for sharing. St John is our special place!

15. Randy
    September 7, 2018 at 10:46 pm

Any movement at all yet to clean up Cinnamon Bay Campground?

Thanks Jenn

16. Nancy Anderson
    September 8, 2018 at 2:21 am

Thank you so much for your wonderful blog. I have to tell you I’ve been crying ever since I started reading it, because you are the one who has been here for us ever since the start. You were our lifeline who kept us informed, who shared all the photos and videos and constant updates, and for that, I’m eternally grateful. I cannot imagine what all you’ve been through, and I’m so happy you have your beautiful little boy as one of the bright spots in your life. All I know is that you have been a bright spot to so many of us, with every little bit of encouragement when we felt so helpless, because we weren’t able to be there to help physically. You’re correct in the fact that so many familiar faces that we always looked forward to seeing are now gone, but new friends will emerge. The wonderful connections being developed through all the Irmaria FB pages that were born from this horrific event, have been so comforting to find other like minded people who share a common love of St. John. I look forward to meeting so many new St. John FB friends that I never would have been in contact with had it not been for all this. Jenn, I cannot thank you enough for all you have sacrificed for us, to keep us updated and informed, and to help encourage us to remain optimistic and see all the beauty that has come from the ashes. Even though we’ve been coming to St. John since 1992, and now have a part time home here, we want to do an island tour with you when we come down next month or in February when we return once again. Thank you once again, and God Bless you!!

• Steven Staab
      September 8, 2018 at 6:07 am

Well said!

17. Sandy Allen
    September 8, 2018 at 10:28 am

Good Day Jenn, Is there still a guided tour for Reef Bay Hike? If not, is the trail still opened? Thanks

September 8, 2018 at 2:07 pm

The trail is open but the guided hikes haven’t resumed yet.

18. Chrissy and Eric
    September 10, 2018 at 11:28 am

Just booked for February! Can’t wait to come back!

19. Julie Fisher
    September 10, 2018 at 10:02 pm

I ditto Nancy Anderson. Thank you sooo much for keeping us informed about our little piece of heaven. St John is such a beautiful island with beautiful people. We will be back soon. I hope to meet you.

20. Paul
    September 17, 2018 at 9:57 pm

Jen, how come when I look at the Beach Bars web cam the only thing I see is the garbage bin moving!
    I’m hoping all will be done when I get there in November. Especially Joes! And yes I do watch it every day! Everyone is soo glad your back there keeping all of us up to date.