Wharfside Village Slowly Reopening

cruz bayWell folks, we have great news to share with you all today … several stores over at Wharfside Village have reopened!

As you know, Wharfside Village sustained a lot of damage in last fall’s storms. Nearly the entire complex has been closed since, and it hasn’t provided the prettiest greeting for guests coming in on the ferry. Well today, we’re happy to tell you that three additional stores have reopened in the complex bringing the number of businesses operating in Wharfside up to four.

Bamboo Studio, Now & Zen, and Cruz Bay Clothing all reopened within the past few weeks. Island Cork, Wharfside’s wine shop and bar, sustained no damage and has been open since last fall. Bamboo’s studio, where they make their jewelry, has also been open for several months. Check out a few pics:

Bamboo Studio is open.

Bamboo Studio is open.

Now & Zen is open.

Now & Zen is open.

Cruz Bay Clothing is open.

Cruz Bay Clothing is open.

Island Cork is open.

Island Cork is open.

Bamboo Studio is busy making jewelry in its shop.

Bamboo Studio is busy making jewelry in its shop.

Now on to the negatives… The Beach Bar, Joe’s Rum Hut, Waterfront Bistro, The Parrot Club and the parking garage remain closed. At this point, we’re not expecting any of those businesses to reopen until next season. (Again, just my opinion.) Only time will tell. We will let you know more when we know more.

Joe's Rum Hut, May 2018

Joe’s Rum Hut, May 2018

The Beach Bar, May 2018

The Beach Bar, May 2018

19 comments for “Wharfside Village Slowly Reopening

1. Maureen
    May 9, 2018 at 7:14 am

Great news on Wharfside…hopeful for Joe’s Rum Hut, beach bar reopening in 2019.

2. Dave
    May 9, 2018 at 8:40 am

Good news! So at this point, you don’t think Joe’s or Beach Bar, will be open this year?

May 9, 2018 at 9:06 am

I think they will be open this year. But possibly not until next season which is around November. But that’s just a guess.

• Dave
        May 9, 2018 at 9:35 am

Thanks Jen! We will on Island from 11/1-15 and hope they are open.

• Justine
        June 9, 2018 at 2:59 pm

I hope so! We are considering a trip in late January, and the Beach bar was our FAVORITE! I’d love for it to be open for our return!

3. Barbara
    May 9, 2018 at 9:03 am

Wharfside looks wonderful. Looking forward to the opening of our favorite bars and restaurants next season when we visit again in January. Thanks so much for keeping us updated on the recovery of our Paradise.

4. David
    May 9, 2018 at 10:37 am

While the progress is not as fast as we would like, what they have opened looks great!

5. Bernie
    May 9, 2018 at 12:31 pm

Come on Joe!
    I’m bringing people down in late June and would really like to hit Happy Hour on the beach.

Is there anything I can do to speed up opening of one bar?

Looking good so far on the street side!

6. Lisa
    May 9, 2018 at 4:53 pm

Thanks Jenn. I have been hoping for an update.

7. kevin & Sterling
    May 9, 2018 at 10:30 pm

My wife and I will be on island for new years eve this year. Our last trip was 9/3/17 we left 2 days before Irma hit. can’t wait to get back

8. Jeff
    May 10, 2018 at 5:31 am

So glad to see the recovery of Wharfside. We will be back in October for our anniversary.

Has Verace reopened?

9. Larry
    May 10, 2018 at 11:03 am

High Tide is already open—-is that correct?

May 10, 2018 at 2:31 pm

10. Ernest Smith
    May 11, 2018 at 1:15 am

Breach Bar can’t open soon enough. It’s my fav bar in the whole world.

• Laura Russo
      May 16, 2018 at 7:57 am

I feel your pain.. I’m sure the owners are feeling this the most… soo happy our special place is recovering!!
      When I find myself feeling sorry for myself over things like St. John recovery, my mind then turns to all the suffering unfortunate victimS of Puerta Rico.. many of its residents still don’t have clean running water
      I will count my blessings.. I will be back to St. John very soon though Keep up the good work looking good
      STJ 20 yrs and counting ‘ ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

11. Kevin McKinnon
    May 29, 2018 at 11:32 pm

What about my FAVORITE place, Duffys and The Ritz Carlton?
    Any suggestions as where to stay if my family comes in July?

12. Deborah
    July 18, 2018 at 6:37 am

Hi, One of our favorite places was the spice store. Any updates on that? Have any idea when your next update will be? We will be visiting Nov 8-18, 2018. Cannot wait. Have not been there for a few years.

• Deborah
      July 18, 2018 at 6:39 am

Any idea about your next update on Wharfside I should have said. This is our favorite island ever.