Tuesday.

sept 5 2017 We’re under a hurricane warning. As of 5 a.m., Hurricane Irma has winds of up to 150 miles per hour. The eye of the storm is expected to pass between Anegada and Virgin Gorda around 6 p.m. Wednesday night. At that time, the National Hurricane Center believes it will have maximum winds of up to 150 mph with gusts of up to 160 knots or roughly 184 mph. The eye is expected to pass over the northwest corner of Puerto Rico around 6 a.m. Thursday morning.

Screen Shot 2017-09-05 at 6.59.14 AM

The eye Wednesday 6 p.m.

The eye Thursday 6 a.m.

The eye at Thursday at 6 a.m.

I’m scared. I think we all are scared. From here on, this may be the most honest post I have ever written all of you.

Most of us didn’t sleep last night. How could you? By the end of today, we have to decide what the most important possessions in our lives are and pack them up. Many of us have to leave our homes, and we don’t know if we will ever be able to go back to them. I think about my dogs, about all of our pets. Are they going to be scared? How can we comfort them? I think about my family and friends back in Connecticut. Do they know know how much I love them? Have I told them all that enough?

Then I think about housing. I live in Wharfside Village right on the beach in Cruz Bay. It’s a concrete building; I know it’s sturdy as hell. But will the roof fly off? What will the storm surge be like? How big will the waves be? Should we stay here? Are we safer somewhere else? What if something happens at our backup location? It’s just so scary not knowing what to do.

And you know what’s crazy? It’s beautiful and sunny right now in Cruz Bay. That whole “calm before the storm” thing is real.

I love this little island, and I know you all do too. Our lives here are about to change, and we’re going to need all of your love and support once this thing passes. We’re about to see the worst life can throw at us. But then we’re going to experience the best of humanity once this thing passes.

Hurricane Irma may be strong, but St. John is stronger. And that gives me hope.

I truly love you all.

-Jenn my window

113 comments for “Tuesday.

1. Amy
    September 5, 2017 at 7:57 am

Praying for St. John. May you all be safe.

• Laura V.
      September 5, 2017 at 9:53 am

Sending prayers, strength and love. Standing by to help however possible. I feel like St. John is a second home. Be safe !!!

• Craig
      September 5, 2017 at 7:57 pm

Always remember South Carolina loves you, we will help you rebuild and support you forever, stay safe!

2. Peggy Travis
    September 5, 2017 at 7:58 am

Many prayers for St John and it’s people to be spared from storm Irma❤️

3. Marc
    September 5, 2017 at 7:59 am

Wow just unbelievable. Stay safe, follow your instincts and let us all know what we can do to help once this thing passes. Positive thoughts for life and property!

4. Dawn Janssen
    September 5, 2017 at 8:03 am

Keeping my St. John & all who are there in my Prayers. I can’t imagine exactly how you are feeling. Our place is at Sunset Ridge Villa’s at the top of Cruz Bay…I said to my husband, what would we be feeling if we were there? I can’t stop watching this storm as it tracks closer & closer. We’ll stay abreast of what’s happening & will be here for you afterwards. May God Hold You All in His Tender Hands!

5. Paula
    September 5, 2017 at 8:04 am

Thank you! Beautiful words. We are Love City!. God Bless us all!

6. Terry
    September 5, 2017 at 8:06 am

Prayers for everyone’s safety – I firmly believe that “St John Strong” spirit will prevail – please know that we are all thinking of all of you and will be there to help once the storm passes – sending (( hugs ))

7. Rob
    September 5, 2017 at 8:06 am

Gods Speed – All prayers to St John, you and Kelly Hudnall !

8. Wendy Suddreth
    September 5, 2017 at 8:07 am

Jenn I don’t know you but feel as if I know a little about you because I follow your daily post. Everytime I visit your beautiful island & head back home I feel like I’ve left a piece of me there! Crazy huh? I live in North Carolina. Jenn I am praying for God’s protection over you, your fur babies, home and all on STJ.

Stay Safe, Wendy.

9. Nancy
    September 5, 2017 at 8:09 am

We are keeping you in our prayers. Hoping our St John family stays safe ❤️️

10. Brad Volk
    September 5, 2017 at 8:09 am

Stay Strong – Keep The Faith – We ❤️ You All!

11. Caryn
    September 5, 2017 at 8:10 am

Praying for all your safety. The most beautiful island. We loved our visit.

12. September 5, 2017 at 8:10 am

I have come to this piece of Heaven for many years. I love the Caribbean people and the ex-pats that live there. I love the folks at Conrad Cars. I just can’t stand to think about this and I am praying for these islands, people, animals, and vegetation. Bless you all.

13. Steven
    September 5, 2017 at 8:12 am

Be safe. Our prayers are with you all!

14. Tim Horgan
    September 5, 2017 at 8:16 am

Our thoughts and prayers are with all of those in Irma’s path. St John is our favorite place on earth and I hope God spares it from the worst of it’s fury. We live in Florida and are better prepared to handle something like this so if the man upstairs is choosing, send it our way. I want St John to be around for a long time so our grandchildren can enjoy it as much as we and our children have for the past 40 years.

15. Susie
    September 5, 2017 at 8:21 am

Praying for St. John, and all of the islands and their people…

16. Lisa Bixby
    September 5, 2017 at 8:21 am

Praying for you all, including your animals. We’ll be here for you when it’s all over.

17. George Myers
    September 5, 2017 at 8:24 am

Praying for a safe outcome from the storm for all. May God give you the grace you need to endure this trail

18. Lori Brustowicz
    September 5, 2017 at 8:25 am

We are praying Like crazy. May God wrap his arms around all of you, the animals and the islands. We will be here for you after The storm has past. God Bless.

19. Ruth Jordan
    September 5, 2017 at 8:27 am

Prayers to you all!!!! Stay safe!

20. Staci Adams
    September 5, 2017 at 8:28 am

Prayers for protection from the storm for the islands and for all its people

21. Victor Sbailo
    September 5, 2017 at 8:29 am

Please stay safe you and all on St John, my home away from home.

22. Lisa
    September 5, 2017 at 8:30 am

A perfect post from the heart, Jenn.
    As a reader who sits perfectly safe in MN, it’s been an odd experience from this end as well.
    The helplessness and constant weather checking can’t even begin to compare to what all of you at “home” are experiencing.
    It certainly has been a time of reflection for all of you as you contemplate what is the most important “stuff” in your lives that you want to keep in case the rest disappears? Of course, asking yourselves that type of question can’t be easy.
    All of us reading this share a common bond…the love of one of the most beautuful places in the world. Part of our reason for loving it, includes the beautiful people who live there. (Except maybe that nasty woman I met in the post office last month on STJ, but I will even cut her some slack. Mostly because I think there’s a demon sitting above the door and puts an “unkind” curse to those entering and then takes it back off as you depart. But, that story is for another day.)
    Sending love, prayers (a term I don’t use lightly), and strength as you all hide out with your loved ones waiting and wondering.
    Know one thing … those of us safe back here will be prepared to do whatever we can to help all of you from this end once the beast disappears and you face the tough reality of cleanup.
    Love,
    STJ Addict #12,623
    Lisa

23. Kathy
    September 5, 2017 at 8:30 am

My husband and I spent our honeymoon at Maho….I’m keeping you and all of St. John in my thoughts and prayers. Please be safe.

24. Jeni Heidecker
    September 5, 2017 at 8:32 am

We are praying for u Jenn and everyone on our beloved St John. Please please stay safe. Do what u need to do to keep urself as safe as can be. I am sick over this but I know the strength and heart of the ppl of St John. Please know ur in our prayers and we will do whatever is needed after the storm passes. We love u all too!!!

25. Eileen
    September 5, 2017 at 8:33 am

Sending positive thoughts and asking Mother Nature to spare all of you. It is a very frightening experience. Do your best to stay safe and to keep your pets out of harm’s way. Material things can be replaced. I pray that all will be well. My plan is to be there the first week in October. However, if there is anything that I can do to help in the aftermath, I will.
    Sending love to St. John and it’s beautiful people.

26. Alie
    September 5, 2017 at 8:34 am

Praying you all stay safe and are spared the worst of the storm. I’ll be watching from Las Vegas and wanting to help any way I can in the aftermath.

27. Doug
    September 5, 2017 at 8:36 am

My wife & I are praying for all in the path but especially those on our beautiful St. John.
    We always tell people we live on St. John 1 month a year & vacation in Texas the other 11.

Please be safe & I am praying for a swing to the north!

28. Ann
    September 5, 2017 at 8:40 am

Prayers for St. John!

29. William Harron
    September 5, 2017 at 8:41 am

Here in NJ we are watching and praying for all in the path. We are the tip of South Jersey and recently weathered Irene and Sandy. During one we had to evacuate. I gave my daughter a tote and told her to pack what she valued the most; she is 23 now but it was rough. My wife and I gathered meds, docs and stood and looked at our home and life. Nothing was as important as our family, pets and each other. We left and luckily everything stayed in tact.
    Our advice…get to high ground in a sturdy structure…pack your important documents; deeds, medical and photos, etc…everything else can be replaced.
    We love St John.
    Praying for you all and hoping this takes a course out to sea.
    Bill, Lori and Angela Harron
    South Jersey

30. Karen
    September 5, 2017 at 8:45 am

My family has been coming to STJ for over 20 years. Today I’m picturing the island the way we left it in June and praying that I will see that same vision when we come back next year. Keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers. Can’t imagine the emotions you are going through. Be safe.

31. Jan Peters
    September 5, 2017 at 8:45 am

Praying for all on STJYou are our home away from home and our hearts and prayers
    are with you❤️Be safe and be strong!
    love, Jan and Lee Peters

32. Cate
    September 5, 2017 at 8:55 am

Jenn–It’s going to be bad. No doubt about it. Those of us off island will probably not know what has happened for many days, if not a few weeks or more. But please know that there are literally thousands of people waiting to help in any way they can. You will get through this and then we will rebuild. Stay safe.

33. Karen Boddy
    September 5, 2017 at 8:55 am

Those of us who love the island and all the wonderful people there are praying. Stay safe.

34. Judy
    September 5, 2017 at 8:56 am

Praying for the safety of everyone!

35. Lisa
    September 5, 2017 at 9:02 am

Stay safe and my prayers are with you and all on St. John.

36. Julie
    September 5, 2017 at 9:04 am

Be safe – heed all warnings because this is a monster storm. God speed to you and all on St. John and all the islands in the track of Irma.

37. Kristin
    September 5, 2017 at 9:05 am

Keeping all of you in our thoughts and prayers.

38. Wilson
    September 5, 2017 at 9:12 am

I am praying for my favorite spot on earth. I’m praying for the people, pets, and even the donkeys.

39. Kevin
    September 5, 2017 at 9:16 am

Stay safe, Jen, and good luck. I’ve been coming to STJ just about every year for the past 25 years, and like so many frequent visitors, I consider it our second home. Thanks for the daily updates. We’re not getting enough details about the island on any of the news stations. We’re all thinking about you and all the good people of STJ, and hoping that Irma makes a sharp turn away from you. Be safe!

40. September 5, 2017 at 9:20 am

Prayers and blessings to all from NH …. we will all be with you and sending you strength “Life is made up of many changes: and no state, be it bright or clouded, will always continue.” SPURGEON

41. Lisa J Holt
    September 5, 2017 at 9:21 am

This was written so beautifully. I feel same way. I live and have a boat on St. John and had to come back to the states for medical reasons. Recently have made our plans to come back in September, we already have our reservations. It is breaking out hearts not to be able to be there, not because of our boat, but because of our friends that we have come to love as our family! I am worried but know you all are St. John Strong!! Love you all and see you soon.

42. Tom
    September 5, 2017 at 9:22 am

Stateside our prayers are with you all and know that as you face the unthinkable in the days (and months) ahead, all of us who hold what we have come to know as the most special and beautiful place in the world are here for you. This is but another chapter in an amazing story about an amazing place and it’s amazing people. Be safe my friends……..

43. Lisa
    September 5, 2017 at 9:24 am

Oh Jenn, I read your blog every day and today you brought me to tears. A piece of my heart is certainly in St John. I pray for STJ, Stay safe I hope you continue to share your experience throughout this difficult time.

44. Philip Yachmetz
    September 5, 2017 at 9:25 am

Jenn!
    Stay safe and always remember the prayers and thoughts of all of us who love that beautiful island will be here sending good thoughts to STJ and willing Irma to downgrade or move further north. Let’s all hope and pray for the best, but whatever the outcome STJ is stronger than the storm!! Be well!!

45. Deena &Jeff Wilham
    September 5, 2017 at 9:27 am

We are praying for everyone’s safety. And for the island of St.John. (and for all in the path of Irma) St. John is our favorite vacation spot. We are there for only 10 days every Jan or Feb but the hospitality and the friendliness we receive during our stay is amazing. Your St.John Strong! Sending love,hugs,and prayers from Indiana

46. Diane
    September 5, 2017 at 9:27 am

Praying for St John and all who live there. Stay safe.

47. Jackie
    September 5, 2017 at 9:46 am

May you stay safe and find solace knowing there are many of us out here sending our love and prayers. We will be here for you. ❤️❤️

48. Beth
    September 5, 2017 at 9:50 am

Lots of us praying for you, your pets, and all of St. John’s inhabitants. ♡

49. Melissa Lusby
    September 5, 2017 at 9:51 am

We came down after a hurricane just to support the island. We are all praying for our beautiful little island…make haste! Love to all.

50. Kara
    September 5, 2017 at 10:04 am

Prayers from Houston! Despite the physical exhaustion of preparing and recovering the mental exhaustion is beyond words. With that said, we came out on the other side and you can too! Be brave and see you soon!

51. Tracy
    September 5, 2017 at 10:05 am

Heartwrenching. Praying for everyone on the island.

52. September 5, 2017 at 10:10 am

Jenn –
    You are right — about St Johnians being strong! It is an amazing community of big hearted people (on and off island).

53. Paul Parry
    September 5, 2017 at 10:15 am

My heart aches for my favorite island and all of you there. Sending prayers. Please be safe…see you soon.

54. Ralph & Conya
    September 5, 2017 at 10:28 am

St. John is a place like no other. My wife and I look forward to spending time there every year. In order to stay connected, I read your posts just about every day. We just went through Hurricane Harvey here in Houston, and I don’t wish that on anyone. if you can still get out, i would seriously recommend it. For those of you who choose to stay, God bless and good luck! We are praying for St. John!!!

55. Mark
    September 5, 2017 at 10:29 am

As others have said, all of us not there but reading along and watching are thinking of you all and ready to do what we can to help once this is over. Be safe and we look forward to your posts after the storm.

56. Dan and Cal
    September 5, 2017 at 10:32 am

From Wrentham Ma. to our favorite home away from home. We are thinking of you and hoping that you all stay safe!

57. Tracy
    September 5, 2017 at 10:38 am

Sending prayers up and calm sea vibes out to everyone on St John as well as on all of the US and BVI. May this storm pass quickly and do no harm but just clear the air. Big hugs to you all as the storm passes.

58. Diane
    September 5, 2017 at 10:56 am

Praying for all of you!!! This is a very scary storm.

59. Michelle Murdock
    September 5, 2017 at 11:00 am

Thank you for the information in the middle of your dilemma . St John’s is so small. I prayer and meditation I am sending that hurricane northward and out to sea away from land. Yes that is what I am visualizing and praying for. St John’s has some good hills but still so susceptible to strong winds. I am praying for your wisdom and strength for your days ahead. May you find a safe place!

60. Abbey
    September 5, 2017 at 11:03 am

St John is my happy place. Have been coming to the island for many years. Praying for all of you.

61. David
    September 5, 2017 at 11:29 am

Please don’t make the decision to ride this out in Wharfside Village. We first came to St John in 1994 or so. We stayed at Gallows. There was a hurricane that had come through a couple years before and they had a picture album of the damage to the place. It got pretty torn up. Unless this hurricane moves further north, move inland.

September 5, 2017 at 12:50 pm

We’re going to a different spot. Thank you David.

62. Hollee O.
    September 5, 2017 at 11:36 am

I sit here and type with tears running down my face in Virginia. Every time we step foot on that island, there is a sense of coming home. I have watched and tracked this storm and I have prayed. Please stay safe and know that we will all be here once this passes and we will help however we can to rebuild and do whatever we can to help you all and the island we love. God bless you all.

63. Toni
    September 5, 2017 at 11:44 am

We ❤ you St.J. Praying for you.

64. frequent visitor ron
    September 5, 2017 at 11:55 am

Our thoughts and prayers go out to our St John family. Stay safe.

65. Anthony Leatherwood
    September 5, 2017 at 12:10 pm

Praying for everyone on the Island. We just left St. John yesterday from an incredible vacation. Stay Safe.

66. Jessica
    September 5, 2017 at 12:14 pm

Thinking of you, every one who calls St. John home, the animals (both the pets and the wild ones) and our little island that has become our home away from home.

67. September 5, 2017 at 12:31 pm

We are watching the webcam for Skyridge with a sinking heart. Whatever comes, I’ll try to get down there and help with the cleanup. St. John has been part of our lives for 16 wonderful years and I hope and pray that this will be true for a few years more. We are praying that no one is hurt and our little feral fur babies will find shelter.

68. Debbie
    September 5, 2017 at 12:32 pm

Praying for everyone! Please stay safe! My most favorite place on earth.

69. Coral Bay Denizen
    September 5, 2017 at 12:50 pm

(Expletive Deleted). I’m up north, and my phone is dinging off the hook with texts from STJ, STT, Vieques. Get down now, get safe and don’t move. I’ve been sick to my stomach all night. I hope the gang in Vieques in the mangroves fare well. And then there’s Jose’ at 40W, 12.5N. Dammit.

70. Jillian
    September 5, 2017 at 12:57 pm

Thank you for your posts. All of us who love St. John are on tenterhooks about Irma and we’re happy to get any information about what’s happening there. As others have said, you should absolutely go to a sturdy structure on higher ground, no question. Do all you can to be ready and rested. Good luck!

71. Minnesota Mike
    September 5, 2017 at 1:08 pm

I have never seen this many comments on a story Jenn. So many strangers sending so much love and prayers. News of St John has done a huge service to so many people on and off the island by keeping them updated on events.
    At the end of the day, the island will remain and will be rebuilt with the same love and spirit of the people posting here. God bless and please keep us updated on what you need from the folks up north.

72. Sondra Bell
    September 5, 2017 at 1:08 pm

GET OFF THE ISLANDS!!! Please leave for your own safety and don’t leave your pets behind!!! I’m in the Houston Texas area and we were just hit with Hurricane Harvey a Cat 4 storm. Our State is mass devastation!! No building is strong enough to withstand the power of IRMA!! Take your Family, Pets, home movies, and Pictures and LEAVE NOW!! Praying for you all. God bless you!

73. John & Cindy
    September 5, 2017 at 1:12 pm

Godspeed Jenn, we love what you do and you will do it again have faith. Our little piece of paradise will overcome this nasty “Irma”. praying for the best outcome.
    Stay Safe!

74. Kelly and Dennis Vacco
    September 5, 2017 at 1:27 pm

I put this on my Facebook page as well. <3

O LORD,

YOU ARE A SHELTER FROM
    THE STORM
    THE VIEW IS A HIGHER VIEW
    YOU RIDE ON THE WINGS OF
    THE WIND AND YOUR LOVE
    FOR US IS DEEPER THAT THE
    OCEAN’S DEPTHS.

BE WITH YOUR CHILDREN THROUGH
    THE LONG NIGHT OF RAGING….
    THROUGH DEEP DAYS OF UNKNOWING…
    THROUGH CHANGES UNBIDDEN…
    THROUGH IT ALL.

HEAL THEIR LAND.
    AMEN

18.20 ˚ N
    64.48 ˚ W

75. Cheryl
    September 5, 2017 at 1:28 pm

My husband, kids, and I just left my beloved St John (my happy place)…PRAYING for all of you on island over the next 48 hours and in days ahead.

76. Denice
    September 5, 2017 at 1:29 pm

I also feel like St. John is my second home, I always refer to it as heaven on earth! This just breaks my heart and I am sending out prayers for everyone down there. Please be safe and take care of each other and please don’t forget the animals!

77. NancieM
    September 5, 2017 at 1:34 pm

Jenn, may our prayers, well-wishes and good thoughts surround you all with protection and strength to overcome whatever Irma has in store. We all have a piece of our hearts and souls in the St. John community so be assured you are not alone and help will come in many forms. Good luck and God bless.

78. Daisy Cullen
    September 5, 2017 at 1:44 pm

Jenn we love you! We are so worried about all of you and Charlie! You brighten our days here in the states with news of St. John! We will all be praying for your safety. St. John is a magical place! Once you visit there it lives in your heart an soul. I’m thinking of everyone I’ve meet there and they are all magical inspiring people. Yall stay together! Hang on tight an St. John WILL SURVIVE. We are scheduled to come in October, hopefully we can make it there an help get things back in order or volunteer in some way. Much love an prayers are headed your way, Daisy Cullen

79. Tricia Roca
    September 5, 2017 at 2:03 pm

Praying for St. John and all those who chose to stay through the storm. May God spare all of you and your beautiful island from major devastation. Stay together. God is bigger than any storm and will see you through it all.

80. Mark
    September 5, 2017 at 2:10 pm

Be safe all. Thoughts and prayers to you and all the rest of the residents of my favorite place in the world.

81. Russel
    September 5, 2017 at 2:21 pm

Our prayers are with you. Be safe and best of luck to all.

82. Max
    September 5, 2017 at 2:26 pm

Jenn, your blog has been my home page for so long now and i know this monster storm is scary. If you can get out of wharf side village today and into a concrete structure up the hill please please do. the downtown area will be flooded during the storm and the small docks will probably be tossed around. get somewhere safe. STJ has been my true home for 30 years, I’m sorry I’m not there right now, chainsaw in hand. Stay safe and let us know your ok whenever you can. Thank you so much for being an anchor and a touchstone for news for so many of us who call STJ home. You matter to us a great deal.

September 5, 2017 at 2:44 pm

Yes I left wharfside.

83. Nancy & Joe
    September 5, 2017 at 2:36 pm

jenn, we are sending lots of love and good luck to you and to all of our friends in our favorite place in the world.
    Joe & Nancy
    Team River Runner

84. Renee
    September 5, 2017 at 2:39 pm

My prayers are with the people of St John! This is the most beautiful place ever and I pray Irma has mercy on this whole Caribbean area. Stay safe!

85. Helen
    September 5, 2017 at 2:45 pm

Stay safe. It is looking very bad for everyone in the VIs. I worry about the critters as well. I agree with the advice to get to higher ground. Good luck. We will be thinking of you and sending you best wishes.

86. Meri Hoose
    September 5, 2017 at 2:51 pm

St. John my favorite place in the world for the past 20 years. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and everyone on the island.

87. Dave R.
    September 5, 2017 at 2:55 pm

Sending prayers for you and for all of our friends on St. John.

88. Lynne
    September 5, 2017 at 3:19 pm

With hearts full of love for the people and the magic of St John and the surrounding islands, we are sending prayers for each and every one of you. Sharing a portion of my favorite, Psalm 91, “May God cover you with His feathers and shelter you with His wings.” May God bless and keep you all.

89. Angie in Kentucky
    September 5, 2017 at 3:26 pm

Ok. This is the biggest in history. We are scared for you also. But you do what you do, to be safe, and that’s all you can. Hang tough. Lots of thoughts and prayers your way for this experience. Love to all. Looking for your update oon the far side. Text someone and we’ll post fb.

90. Doug Corkhill
    September 5, 2017 at 3:26 pm

Good luck, be strong, Godspeed.

91. Ann
    September 5, 2017 at 4:02 pm

Praying for everyone’s safety!

92. Penny
    September 5, 2017 at 4:17 pm

Looking at St.John Spice webcam …. calm before the storm …. spooky! NO PEOPLE, which under the circumstances is a good thing. Hope that you all ride the storm out safely. Am very worried about the dogs/cats at ACC!!!

93. Terry Bolander
    September 5, 2017 at 5:17 pm

Thinking of all our friends at Lavender Hill, Beach Bar, Lime Inn, etc…… OMG hunker down and hold on to your friends. We’ll be sending positive thoughts your way and will hope for the best. Everyone on the island be safe!!

94. Liz
    September 5, 2017 at 5:54 pm

Look after each other, during and after.
    Wishing you all the luck in the world from the UK.

95. Beth Martin
    September 5, 2017 at 6:32 pm

Praying for all creatures great and small not only on my beloved STJ but on the other islands because I know that many of the familiar faces I see each year live on St.Thomas and work on St.John. Our anxiety pales in comparison to what all on island are going through but we will be following as best we can and will be there for the aftermath to help

96. Lisa
    September 5, 2017 at 6:39 pm

This is serious. l pray for you all to be safe + love your neighbor in Jesus Name. Remember: For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. Amen.

97. Bal
    September 5, 2017 at 6:59 pm

Be strong – be safe – you will get through this weekend one for that’s the St. John way!!

98. Judie
    September 5, 2017 at 7:25 pm

May God keep you safe, place his angels around you and protect you and provide for you…in Jesus name.

99. George
    September 5, 2017 at 8:01 pm

My voice cracked as I was reading your post aloud. We have been visiting St John since the mid 80s and for the last 10 years it has been the annual trip most anticipated by our family of 5. This year, our trip will be in the fall. If Irma tips north, it will be sun and fun. If not, we will all be there to help clean up or assist in whatever way we can. The people of St. John have given our family so much joy over the years and we are heartbroken at the thought of what is approaching. Stay strong. Stay safe. We will see you soon.

100. Jason
    September 5, 2017 at 8:36 pm

Praying for a more northerly track. Latest is trending that way. You’d avoid the N and NE eye wall. That’s the worst part. Stay safe!!

101. Shain
    September 5, 2017 at 9:08 pm

Thinking about all of you in those islands we all love so much! Many prayers coming your way!

102. Brenda Kalfas
    September 5, 2017 at 9:25 pm

Praying for you all. Please be safe.

103. Deena
    September 5, 2017 at 9:31 pm

Praying for all of you on our ‘Favorite little Island’. Be safe! Our thoughts are with you!

104. Gayle Withrow
    September 5, 2017 at 9:46 pm

My heart is heavy with fear and worry for St. John. From the first time my husband and I visited in 2012, this beautiful island has been engrained in our souls. We have been back twice since and are scheduled to come back in June 2018. Jenn, your post this morning started the tears, and reading these posts, the tears continue. I just can’t stand the thought of anything happening to our special island. Please everyone stay safe. We love you in Syracuse, New York.

105. Carol
    September 5, 2017 at 9:48 pm

You’re right. We do love that little island. We were just looking at villas to figure out where to stay in November and now we are scared for all the people on the island and praying everything will be ok. We have so many happy memories. The first time I realized I wanted to marry my now husband was on St. John. I have been watching the weather channel webpage all day worrying about the sweet people there. Praying hard. And will be back soon to support the economy. Love to you all.

106. Rusty
    September 5, 2017 at 9:52 pm

Hang in there and be safe. #lovecitystrong

107. Bruce
    September 5, 2017 at 10:23 pm

Our thoughts and prayers are with you. please be careful and safe. With love from all of us.

108. Duane
    September 5, 2017 at 10:53 pm

To the entire STJ family…love and prayers from Minnesota. We love you all, we love St John. Power in prayer. Be safe, be strong, be kind and stick together.

109. Michelle
    September 6, 2017 at 10:06 am

Beautiful post Jenn, I don’t know you but am Thinking of you and all being impacted from this storm. My Aunt and Uncle live in Chocolate Hole and are bunkered down and will remain hopeful and safe,I heard there is still power and hoping for all that this will pass without devastation.This hits close to home for me as I have family there and We visit every year. I have a trip planned for late October. Stay safe on your beautiful island and I pray the next post from you is full of sunshine and good news.