CNN Names World’s Best Beaches, and…

CNN Wrong Beach

It appears that CNN may need a fact checker. Hey CNN, I’m available for hire! Email Me!

According to CNN.com, “Maho Beach” is the 11th best beach in the world. Funny, that’s not what Maho looked like when I cruised past it earlier today… :)

12 comments for “CNN Names World’s Best Beaches, and…

1. Edward
    February 18, 2016 at 6:15 am

Hah! What does CNN know except Constantly Negative News. ?

2. Ginger Parker
    February 18, 2016 at 7:02 am

I saw that yesterday and thought it was funny. Article cites Maho, and a picture of Trunk…Oh, well… 😛

3. Michael Raley
    February 18, 2016 at 7:28 am

I know, right? I see this over and over again: Truck Bay photo used to describe anything OTHER than Trunk Bay. “Visit St. Croix” etc. I’ve even seen it labeled for other NON-Virgin islands. I thought it was funny at first, but now, not so much.

4. John
    February 18, 2016 at 8:31 am

Since when does CNN fact check stuff? If they throw it against the wall and it sticks, it’s all good.

5. Ann
    February 18, 2016 at 8:43 am

News networks never check the facts…pretty pic as always tho!

6. Margaret
    February 18, 2016 at 9:22 am

I saw that yesterday and was surprised to see Maho made the list, then I looked at the picture! Funny, especially since Trunk Bay is usually on the list and that overlook picture is everywhere out there. Someone didn’t do their editing job!

7. Kara
    February 18, 2016 at 10:10 am

In the article, they also said Maho was “on Cruz Bay” – LOL!

8. bd
    February 18, 2016 at 12:17 pm

wonder what other beaches on their list are not the actual beach?

9. Dave C
    February 18, 2016 at 3:14 pm

Ill have to read that article. My beef with Maho is there is not much beach left there. We need a favorite beach poll. I’m partial to Francis Bay.

10. Joe
    February 18, 2016 at 4:29 pm

I’m kind of happy they screwed this up. Makes it harder for people to figure out where it actually is. I know tourism is generally good for the island but I’d prefer that people who decide where to go on vacation from a CNN article stay away.

11. February 19, 2016 at 3:29 pm

Gee, nobody told me that I was swimming at Maho! Get it together CNN……you’re falling asleep at the switch!!